Tuesday, October 25, 2011

JE 26 Feature - Proud Warrior - Notes

Rough Draft of the feature article is due tomorrow. 

Yesterday I went back to the doctor because my sinus infection did not go away after 10 days on antibiotics, so now I am back on for another 10.  This antibiotic is extra hard to take for a cheese lover like myself.  No dairy two hours before or one hour after taking the medicine - or was it the other way around?  Oh and DO take with food.  Hope a couple of crackers will do.  Basically I need to find a 4 hour window with NO cheese but WITH food, a tall order for this vegetarian.  But - none of this has anything to do with my feature.

It is about yoga.  And this fabulous teacher I discovered.  She teaches at St. Barnabas church in the parish room, among other places.  I first heard of Carmina from a poster on the wall of Coffee Obsession in Woods Hole.  It took me a year or two to actually go to her class, but once I went, I was in love.  Happy, blissful, yoga love.

In the meantime I started taking classes at Blooming Lotus Yoga Studio (BLYS) on Main Street where I found one instructor I really enjoyed, Skye.  After I had been to Carmina's class a few times I asked Skye if she knew of her.  Of course she did - and loved her!  I think she may have even been so inspired by her to decide to become an instructor herself.

This is what she does for people, she inspires them.  She talks of prana and downward dog, but also breath and honoring it.  She is a breath of fresh air.  Someone who makes you appreciate taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

The class I attend is restorative and it is filled with ladies my mother's age and older, of course some younger as well.  Many of these women are so incredibly nimble and healthy and I have to believe that Carmina and her yoga have something to do with it.  I can't tout it the fountain of youth but drinking in that restorative breath creates a room filled with strong women, proud warriors looking in.

No comments: