Thursday, October 06, 2011

JE 16 A Feverish Deadline - Between Assignments

Since I last wrote I've been up and down.  That is my temperature has been up and down.  I have been reading short stories in bed...

Well that is as far as I got on yesterdays post before I got back in bed.  I did manage to get to class at 6:30pm and I did turn in a short short story that was pretty disappointing.  I find that I am good with character and short on plot.  How can this be?

I think I may need more writing practice.  Presently I am reading The Best American Short Stories 2010 edited by Richard Russo and cape cod noir edited by David Ulin and getting ready to peruse The New (hahaha) Milton Cross Complete Stories of the Great Operas.  The hahaha is inserted because of the age of the book - copyright MCMXLVII aka.1947. Plus a little Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.

I am hoping that by reading some synopsis (synopsi?) of the operas I will gain better insight on plot - that or I will hop on over to a plot generator and see what I can whip up for the new assignment - write a one act play. 

Seeing as I am feeling WAY better, this should be fun.  You have one week - go.

No comments: