Thursday, October 06, 2011

JE 17 Between the Harbor and the School

National Blog Posting Month - NaBloPoMo
Here is the prompt for this months theme, between:
List two things (however close or far) that your current home is between.

My house is between the harbor and the school, the Island Queen and Friendly's, my Grandma's house and the BBC on Heights Beach.

The harbor where we keep the boat and the school where my son is now.
The Island Queen that sounds three swift toots every hour and a half and the red and white Friendly's building that may or may not have been shut down - another victim of chapter 11.
My Grandma's house where my mother was raised and my brother and I spent many vacation weeks and the bar on the beach that we hardly even noticed as children, but where my brother and I now spend some time sharing stories of those summers.

My house is between Florida and Canada, John and John, the Vineyard and Plymouth
Florida where I keep my house as something to go back to and Canada a country to which I have never been - not counting two hours in Victoria (with a migraine)
John who has two sons that play with Charlie when they occupy their summer house and John who comes and goes enjoying conversations with my son
The Vineyard where brass rings are gold and Plymouth where history in reality is underwhelming.

No comments: