Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Journal Entry #7 - Breakthrough? Or Blue Lipstick

I am not positive but I may have come to a decision last night.  As I was reading Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg I got permission to tell the truth in a fictional way.  The section called Blue Lipstick and a Cigarette Hanging Out Your Mouth started it by saying - do something different.  The next section, Going Home, hit home - entirely.

"It is very important to go home if you want your work to be whole."

Check.

Living upstairs from good old mom and dad is a going home.  Having my son live upstairs with me adds an entirely new dimension.  Often I feel this is a second adolescence - a chance to get it right.  Having my son grow up before my eyes in this house with me - gives me a new perspective.

Being so close makes it hard to say what I need to say, and maybe even see it.  But here is where I am, so here is where I will write. Afterall, I've gone home.

No comments: