Tuesday, September 20, 2011

4. Writing Journal...Three Copies - Writing Down the Bones

So - I have been using my spiral notebook as the writing journal when I am out.  I guess this means at some point I will retype the journal into this blog.  But for now I am attempting to edit my poem and having a really difficult time.  I don't like to write poetry.  I don't even like to read poetry that much.  My attempt at editing my list of beach scenes did not go well.  I went back to it and did not feel like even reading it.  I moved around a few lines and moved them back.  I highlighted another for deletion then ultimately did nothing.  So for now that is what I will do.  Maybe I will print it out so the hard copy can speak to me.  Somehow words on a computer screen are less alive.  Or maybe it's because I feel like I am gonna puke.

Our next assignment is to write a short short story.  I have many ideas swirling through my head.  But it is my nature to first research.  So I assume that Thursday will bring a trip to the library, a stack of books, and some long needed inspiration. 

Also due this week - read the first 100 pages of Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg, which I already owned but had never read.  Since the book is in my Florida bookcase I attemped to check it out from the library only to discover it would have to be ordered.  In the meantime I went to Barnes and Noble and repurchased it.  And then it came in two days later.  Leaving me with three copies of Writing Down the Bones - all in different locations.

No comments: