Thursday, September 08, 2011

1. Writing Journal

Just started a writing class at CCCC yesterday.  It meets Wednesday nights and I need 50 journal entries by December 14th.  Fortunately journal entries can be in the form of a blog.  Unfortunately I have three blogs, one on which I post nearly everything, one for books I have read, and one for things I have written. 

Our first assignment - write a poem.  Ugh.  Good poems are hard to write.  Bad poems are hard to read.  Many who write bad poems have a difficult time determining this, and they write more and more bad poems.  I dislike bad poems.

Today I went to the library to check out books on poems.  I got a few books on Keats' love letters and a book on poems.  Almost immediately I found a poem I really liked it started...I believe ____ but _____.  The repetition makes it poemy and the words and thought behind it makes it a poem.

Nice.  I will post.  After I get Chaz out of the shower, get him in bed, and read him a book.  In the case that I forget or am drawn in other directions - please forgive me.

Since this is six words short of 200 I will add this sentence – and then get my son out of the shower.

No comments: