Friday, December 16, 2011

Nothing. Between Falmouth and Woods Hole

I don't really have anything specific to write, but know that I should at least write.  So here I sit, yes I am sitting again, with nothing in the title and a blank mind.  Long shadows darken geometric patches of the back yard, wind rushed through the leafless trees, the occasional leaf tumbleweeds across the still-green grass, clothes turn in the dryer, with a rare zipper on metal door connection.  The tree that reminds me of Africa is bare.  Let me see if I have a picture so I can show you why it reminds me of Africa.

No.  But here is this - Contrast.


There is a bike path not far from the house.  It runs along the sea.  This picture is from the summer before last.  I love how nature is able to create such contrast all within one plant.  Vibrant and natural.  Thorns and beauty.  Able to withstand the weather from the sea.  One side of the path is beach.  Not an ordinary beach.  One of sea-rounded rocks, shells, sea glass.  Between Falmouth and Woods Hole.  It's magical.  And the slower you go, the more you see.

No comments: