Thursday, December 08, 2011

JE 48 The Fog Has Lifted

It has been four days since I've seen the sun.  The foghorn blaring day and night.  But the fog I am most relieved to see dissipate is that which settled in my mind.  I've had a migraine since Sunday - today is Thursday.  To be without clarity for that amount of time is disturbing. 

Not only does a migraine bring physical pain, but with it a shroud of sadness, an almost hopelessness. 

So much of my life has been stolen, and I want it back.  You can have the days gone by, no point in worring about them, but I want my future. 

I need direction, I feel as though I have tried everything.  In spite of my fear of needles I became a human pincushion in the hope of finding relief.  I've been to neurologist after neurologist.  Chiropractors. And natural medicine.  The problem being I don't feel well, enough days in a row to help myself feel well.

Classic case of catch 22.  It's easy to say, "well, I will just do it" when I am feeling good, it's when I feel as though someone is cleaning my brain with a pipecleaner that the motivation is low.  I just wish I could figure this out.

So that's my bring you down speech - sorry about that - but, this is me.  Headaches and all.  Am I more than my headaches?  Of course.  Am I limited by them?  Absolutely.  Is it fair that Charlie has a Mommy with headaches?  No way.  But as my mom used to like to remind me, "Life isn't fair."  Kind of a shitty mantra.  My retort, usually in my head, was "Life sucks and then you die."  But it isn't true.  Just look outside.  It is a beautiful, crisp clear day.  The sun is so bright and the sky is so blue and the rays of that sun in the bright blue sky warm my arm as I type.  So I am not without hope, in fact I am hopeful, hopeful that one day I don't have to plan to be unpredictable - that my fate will not be determined by migraines.

No comments: