Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JE 34 Plot Treatment - Grand (or Ain't Life Grand?)

It seems that what I am developing is more of a plot treatment than anything else.  Everything that I am writing applies to this one story, but the story isn't ready to be written just yet.  (How's that for the dog ate my homework excuse)?

It is big.  Too big for me to wrap my mind around yet.  So I am writing down bits and pieces.  And this is what I think I have decided to turn in.  It is what Anne Lamott had to do to get the inner workings of one of her rejected manuscripts flushed out. 

Themes.  Characters.  Scenes.  Symbols.  Setting.  Conflict - that's the part that'll move the story along.  That and dialogue.  But they aren't talking to one another yet.  There may even be a few stragglers - latecomers to the party.

No comments: