Thursday, November 17, 2011

JE 31 Difficult Answers to Easy Questions

On which side of the bed do you sleep?  A seemingly simple question, but I have a tendency to make things more difficult - to overthink them.  Questions such as these pose a problem to my brain.  Maybe it is because I am a visual thinker but aren't there two ways to answer this question?  When laying in bed one can say on the right, when looking at the bed would the answer be changed?  Would it be opposite.

In film and theater, stage right and screen right were invented out of the same necessity were they not?  I know, who cares what side of the bed one sleeps.  But it's the principle of the matter isn't it?  Do I sleep on the right, the left, or bed right? 

It may not matter to you but it matters to me.  Plus this is only an example of a seemingly simple question with a thoroughly frustrating absence of an answer.

No comments: