Wednesday, November 16, 2011

JE 30 Verification

Just got back from class.  Next Wednesday the rough draft of the final project is due.  The following week the Final Final Project is due and the following week is when I need to have 50 journal entries.  Putting me on track to complete my writing journal on time as long as I post a journal entry a day.  As you can see I have posted 3 or 4 today after an absence of 3 or 4 weeks.

But sometimes life just gets in the way.  And there is always composing in your head.

Got my eyes dialated today - it was as awful as I remembered it to be all those years ago - only this time the doctor put reversing drops in my eyes.  But they were not fast acting.  I was sitting in my car, blinded by the light on this rainy day in Cape Cod, at 2pm waiting for them to kick in as I listened to my latest book on CD, And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks by William S. Burroughs and Jack Kerouac.  The doctor assured me I should be okay to drive as only my immediate vision was affected, long distance was not a problem.  And it wasn't.  Light was a problem.  Seeing my phone.  Myself.  Driving to Hyannis in the rain at dusk - problem.  It was kind of like driving with a thin film of vasoline covering my eyes.  But I made it.  And I made it home and obviously my eyes have returned to normal as I can type this in moderate fashion.  Feeling only that fine sand or coarse salt has somehow affected my eyes.

So for now dear sailors, I must say adieu, au revoir, and whatever sailors say.

Signing off..

No comments: