Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JE 32 Bad Back and Standing Up Thanksgiving

Have I mentioned that I have lordosis?  I don't think I have.  It's no big deal.  It just means that I have a pronounced curve in my spine.  I also have trouble with my sciatic nerve.  Sometimes it causes this burning or stabbing feeling in my right leg.  But not all the time.  I have found relief with stretching and yoga and, most recently, with Thai yoga massage therapy. 

But then I went to a chiropractor and things got worse.  I don't know what I was expecting, but not this.  I went once and I was fine.  After the second visit though, it was all bad news - woke up the next day with a "lateral shift" which apparently only occurs in 3% of the population.  Then again, I'm not your average girl.  The absurd happens to me. 

I can't really get into it as I am holding my laptop above me as I tap at letters on the keyboard, let's just say, writing has been a challenge.  I did manage to text myself the first 1,000 words of my final project.

In the past few days I have seen some improvement.  I took Charlie and Rudy to the bike path and I managed to corkscrew my way down to Trunk River where the boy skipped rocks.  Yesterday I made it down to the beach at the end of the road.  But what a thing!  As if migraines weren't enough.

Too bad for me that I haven't been able to make it to yoga, or to volunteer at Charlie's school, or the many number of things I usually try to do when I don't have a headache.

My arms are getting tired so I will just post this bitch fest.  But I just wanted you to know why I have been a lame poster.  It's difficult - but I'll manage.  Somehow.

At least I am through with the steroids.

No comments: