Wednesday, November 16, 2011

JE 29 Final Project

The time to begin thinking "Final Project" has come and gone for Final Project is due next Wednesday.  Whether this is Rough Draft or not I will have to verify.  I think it is Rough Draft.

The assignment - write 3,000 words in a genre of your choice.  But here I have simplified. 

It seems I am behind on my writing journal.  I am pretty sure at this point I should be in the 40s.  As you can see I am not.  But have faith - I will get there.  Just you wait and see.

My writing class meets on Wednesday nights.  One of the grades, in addition to attendance, is to meet with the professor to review one's portfolio and talk about anything that might be of concern.  I used this time with Professor Kershner to talk about the possibility of What Next?

He suggested that I might take the Creative Writing course again with a different professor.  But then I mentioned that I have this ability to catch errors.  Copy errors.  With this he suggested that I take the Suffolk University Copy Editing course offered on the Cape Cod Community College campus.  That day I walked into the Suffolk University office and spoke to Ann Miller, who was very helpful in brainstorming with me ways in which I might be able to pay for this course.  You see a 3 credit course at SU will cost close to $2,000 and that is before buying books.

This new development - finding Copy Editing - is a beacon.  Accidently I am good at this.  Words are my passion.  Since I have been diagnosed with Chronic Migraines and cannot predict when a migraine will dawn this new possibility is my light house, my marker, the point on which I must set my bow.

No comments: