Thursday, March 08, 2012

Rubber Gloves and Lidocaine Shampoo

If I put on rubber gloves and shampooed my head with lidocaine would I find relief?  Yesteday I had a migraine.  Another mind numbing migraine.  This morning I woke up iffy.  Iffy as to whether my migraine would stay away.  I am afraid to say, it's creeping back.

With my morning joe I gently rubbed my forehead, concentric circles between my eyebrow and my hair line - nearer my hair line - speaking my wish for the day, that it doesn't return today.  I already had to cancel meeting new friends yesterday, last night.  And just now cancelled today's hair appointment.  Color, fumes, hot air - on my head - uh UH.  Not today.  I fired a hairdresser for handling my head like a football.  And hired the one today for the exact opposite - when she dries your hair with the round brush it is like a folicle massage - but not today.  Today my head desires 100% Egyptain cotton sheets.  White.  Washed and dried without scent.

But then there is what I cannot cancel - tonight - my midterm exam.  My nauseous stomach is telling me to eat.  My head, to take that little triptan.  My neck and jaw, to get in bed.  But still - here I sit.  At my computer. My will to write deferring the necessary.  Unwilling to admit defeat, yet again.  But I suppose, here I must go... to the pill.  To the defeat.  To the bed.

No comments: