Monday, March 12, 2012

Feign Fun

So the migraine went on and on this time.  What is usually three days, spanned five.  And swallowed a weekend.  We managed to have some fun - I feigned fun.  But Charlie and I got out and did stuff - that's what counts.

Today the haze has lifted.  I took the dog for a walk, a fast one.  My goal is to exercise at least five times a week.  Pre-migraines this would not have been a goal posted on a blog.  It would have been part of my lifestyle.  Because I used to be that girl.  I used to love to workout.  I was strong, and healthy, and dependable.  And then my body, well, and then things changed.

But things are looking up.  I am looking up.  I still get migraines 50% of the time - which SUCKS - but I am good.  I am changing my mindset.  Because I can. (...and suddenly Leann Rimes is singing in the back of my head in a yellowy sunlit, sparsly furnished, breezy room.)  Am I mixing music videos?

The moral of the story?  Nothing's perfect.  It's never gonna be.  All you gotta do is fake it till you make it.

Everybody will be much happier.  Who knows?  Before long maybe you'll drop the feign. 

(I must admit my brain is not quite up to par, but I would really like to get a post in today so ...
P-U-B-L-I-S-H ... )

No comments: