Monday, February 27, 2012

Copy Edit and the Glamour of Grammar

For my class I have been reading a book called, "The Glamour of Grammar," which seems to make people laugh (or at least snicker).  It is by Roy Peter Clark of the Poynter Institute in good old St. Pete, FL.  His references to places I know dearly makes me miss my town.

We head back in April - just for a week - but both of us are SOOO looking forward to HOME.  Hmmm.

The copy editing course I am taking is great.  I absolutely love the professor.  Over the past few days I have been transferring my hand written notes into word documents on my desktop.  It is my way of remembering what she has taught us so far.  Next week is midterm.  The following week - break.  Unfortunately I will have to miss a week to go to Tampa, but I will see if I can get the lecture notes.

Not much interesting to say today... Heading to the allergist for my initial consultation.  Just another avenue I am attempting in my desire to kill the migraine.  Had to fight my PCP to get the referral.  Why is it so hard to understand that a healthy person costs less than a sick one.  I am certain that ONCE we hit on the CAUSE, my migraines will decrease...and my life will get better.  Until then, I am going to fight for referrals because I matter and the way that I feel counts.

No comments: